Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Universal Law of Attraction at work

This week I'm visiting a sister temple to Wat Chomtong where I am ordained. Wat Doi Suttep--it's one of the most visited tourist sites in Chiang Mai and for good reason. Back in the 1300's, they put a famous Buddha relic on an Elephant and followed him up the mountain. When he stopped, they built Wat Doi Suttep! There are some AMAZING jackfruit trees here--3' in diameter and 80' tall. The biggest one I've seen elsewhere was 1' diameter and maybe 35' tall?

Not too long ago, I emailed a few friends and wrote in my journal I was missing conversations about Kosmic Konsciousness and the possibilities that this world might not really work in the way we think it works...such conversations have been instrumental to my growth and spiritual development over the last few years and the Theravadan approach to life the universe and everything is not particularly satisfying for me at the moment. Well, guess what? I came to Wat Doi Suttep for a visit to see the place and found a Brittish woman ordained here who is a Reiki healer and loves What the Bleep and The Secret! We have had some phenomenal conversations. My practice is suffering a bit as I try to decide how Vipassana meditation fits with quantum physics. I think there's a place for it.

No comments: