Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What makes you feel good?

A good friend recently sent me this: eating ice cream makes me feel better, but it does not make me feel good...so what makes me feel good?

I thought that was an awesome observation and point of reflection. Off the top of my head: Hiking, singing, baking, giving (time, stuff, inspiration, etc), listening, loving, biking, talking with friends about spiritual/heart stuff, swimming, eating good healthy food in moderation, yoga, meditation (when it doesn't suck...). These things take care of this body and mind and make me feel good. It's interesting to me how many things are on that list above meditation! and how many of them I do exclusively at home and cannot do at the temple without breaking my monastic training rules... My favorite good-feeling generator is being of service to others from a pure hearted place in myself, which I can do here at the temple. Life here is frustrating to the hilt at times, that's sometimes the fastest way to grow. I know I am still in the right place to learn right now. Thanks for your support, everyone! much love to all. :)

No comments: